- Property Name:380 Acres Texas Farm Patch
- Live Water:Yes
380± Acres TEXAS FARM PATCH, Atascosa County
Off FM 536, Pleasanton, TX 78064
Texas Farm Patch is a highly productive produce farm located in northern Atascosa County just minutes south of San Antonio, TX. It is one of the largest organic fruit and vegetable greenhouse farming operations in the state. The turn-key production facilities coupled with the established distribution chains to state-wide grocers make this an extremely rare income-producing offering.
SUPPORTING STRUCTURAL IMPROVEMENTS
- 14,000SF packing facility was constructed in 2016, which includes 10,000SF of lower enclosed food safety approved packing area, 2,000SF mezzanine above the lower packing area for storage, (3) 400SF office spaces, (2) 40’x20’ refrigerated coolers, (3) shipping docks, and an additional 2,000SF of covered outdoor inbound harvest area.
- Older 10,000SF original packing facility, now used for storage and additional labor housing above. This facility could be renovated and brought to current standards for a very reasonable cost.
- (2) 1,440SF bunk houses for farm labor constructed in 2016. Each bunkhouse is rated for 12 workers.
- Farm manager’s house, approximately 1,000SF with 480SF garage
- Older original farm family home which could be updated for a reasonable cost.
- Maintenance shop with multiple pole barns for equipment.
- (3) 6,000GA diesel fuel tanks.
ESTABLISHED CROPLAND / ORCHARDS / GREENHOUSE SPACE
- 35+- of irrigated peach trees with 4 primary varieties producing peaches between late April and June annually.
- 5+-acres Certified Organic acres in a state of the art retractable roof CRAVO Greenhouse. This house is temperature controlled with propane heaters, and is currently used to produce Texas Organic Strawberries December through the end of May annually.
- 5+- acres Certified Organic acres in 48 covered “hoop houses”. These hoop houses are also currently being used to produce Texas Organic Strawberries December through the end of May annually..
- 16±Certified Organic acres producing organic yellow squash, zucchini, and cucumbers during the spring and summer months, as well as organic green leaf, red leaf, and romaine lettuces during the fall and winter months. There are other miscellaneous organic vegetables grown currently based on customer and market demand.
- 16± Additional Certified Organic acres to come into production in October 2021, and another 15 Certified Organic acres to be certified in 2022. Total Certified Organic acres in total will increase from 26 acres as of this listing to 42 acres by October 1, 2021, and 57 certified organic acres by mid-2022.
- 200± acres of conventionally irrigated farmable land. Produce currently produced on the acreage are Texas peaches, yellow squash, zucchini, grey squash, cucumbers, as well as green leaf, red leaf, and romaine lettuces.
WATER / IRRIGATION
- The land is above the highly sought after Carrizo Aquifer, and has two operational wells, one of which is only 4 years old and includes 14” PVC screened casing pipe. The primary well is 3-Phase electric, is 1000±feet deep, and capable of producing 800-1000GPM. The secondary backup well is also 3-Phase electric and capable of producing 100-200GPM.
- 1 new Zimmatic Pivot covering 150± acres. This pivot is only 2 years old and built with aluminum pipe. A secondary older pivot covers y 300±linear feet. Some repair is required on this older pivot.
- There are two (2) large irrigation ponds on the property which are kept full by the wells for any and all irrigation purposes.
- Elaborate underground and above ground irrigation systems.
SUPPORTING FARM EQUIPMENT
All farm equipment and rolling stock will convey with the sale, contact broker for a full detailed list.
HISTORICAL REVENUE FOR THE PAST (3) YEARS
- 2020 - $2,160,000 (Appr)
- 2019 - $1,270,000 (Appr)
- 2018 - $1,600,000 (Appr)
Approximately $52,000/YR - Ag Exemption in place
Note: Texas law requires all real estate licensees to give the following Information About Brokerage Services: trec.state.tx.us/pdf/contracts/OP-K.pdf
All properties are shown by appointment with Dullnig Ranches. Buyer's Brokers must be identified on first contact and must accompany client or customer on first showing to participate in compensation.